Thursday, November 27, 2014

KOEHLERS' KRAZINESS, Pt. 3

Chapter 19 -- Igor's Memoirs Continued

These days, the only place where I can have some quiet time and think is the bathtub. Of course, there's always the danger that I'll fall asleep...



When I grew up, I thought I might be able to go and study music in college and perhaps go on tour to Twikki Island and Shang Simla, but Mom said no, I'd be getting a job and starting a family. I signed up as an entertainer and went to the gym to find a spouse.

There I met Andrea Powell. She was too busy running to talk, so I let myself be mentored by Addisyn. Addisyn and I really hit it off.

Unfortunately, when I proposed to her, she turned me down. She left the house and left Willow Creek as well.



The next day Andrea came over. This time I just invited her to move in with us. She was tired of living with her parents, so she said yes. This time I was a little more persuasive.



I let her have some time to get used to us before I popped the question.



Andrea answered yes quite enthusiastically (note to self:  advise son to propose before his girlfriend gets pregnant).


We got married the next day.



Gram is still around and still painting. She says this is a picture of my grandfather, but I don't think so.



She had a chat with Andrea shortly before the baby was due.



I don't know whether it helped. Andrea certainly didn't sound like she'd been given any advice.



I woke up to discover that I was a father.



Here's Andrea with little Martin.



And here am I.



Meanwhile, I've been practicing the piano so as to get better tips.


Score

Aspiration Level - Igor -- 5
Birth - Martin -- 5
Randomized Generation -- 10
Spares' Reward Points not used -- 10
Previous Score -- 255
Total -- 285

Chapter 20 -- Igor's Memoirs Continued

One of my goals in life has been to re-shape my body so that my waistline is narrower than my shoulders. So far I have not succeeded.

 
Another goal is to be a good husband to Andrea.  Isn't she beautiful?
 
 
 
So I serenaded her when she was pregnant, which she seemed to enjoy.
 
 
 
My third goal is to be a good father to little Martin.
 
 
 
This means helping him with his homework...
 
 
 
...but also letting him just dance.
 
 
 
And when someone (we don't know whether it was Mom or Gram's ghost) breaks the dollhouse,
 
 
it means fixing it up again.
 
 
 
Ditto for the radio, although I don't think anyone breaks that deliberately. It just breaks from over-use -- Andrea loves music, and I'm partial to it myself.
 
 
 
And I guess being a good dad means providing my son with a baby sister to fuss over.
 
 
 
 
It makes up for my not being a particularly good son. I get nervous whenever Mom tries to take care of little Natalie (and I think Natalie gets nervous, too).
 
 
 
Now that Mom's an elder, perhaps she'll become more mellow.
 
 
 
She and Gram occasionally enjoy a laugh together (I think they were laughing at me while I was trying to change Natalie's diaper).
 
 
 
Natalie is quite the young lady now, and she and her brother get along very well.
 
 
It does make me feel old, though, seeing them go off to school together.
 
 
 
Not only do I feel old, I am old -- older, anyway. I'm an adult now, a serious musician, with one licensed song (Oasis Springs Rag) to my credit.
 
 
 
I'm not the only artiste in the family, though. Gram continues to paint and has even produced a masterpiece.
 
 
 
Mom managed to get one last promotion by hacking into Don Lothario's Trust Fund. I can talk about the stuff she's done now (although I'm sure I don't know all of the crimes she committed) -- last night she came home from work early, because she had an appointment with Grim.
 
 
 
I wish I could say that I miss her, but we never really got along. I think she managed to say something mean to everyone in the family -- even Natalie went to school in an angry mood one morning because of something her grandmother said. We'll keep her tombstone in back with Gram's, but I don't know how long we'll keep her ghost around.
 
Score
 
Bladder failure -- Andrea -- -5
Birth - Natalie -- 5
Previous Score -- 285
 
Total -- 285

No comments:

Post a Comment